Monday, December 21, 2009

Woman Writers' New Year's Resolution---Musical Prompt

In two thousand eleven I could go to heaven.
So, in two thousand ten I'll pick up my pen. Again.
And again and again and again and again. And Again.
And again and again and again and again and again and again and again.
And then, I'll pick up my pen again. And again and again and again and
Again and again. And again. And again.
In two thousand eleven you might go to heaven.
So pick up your pen. Now.
In two thousand twelve the Aztec calendar will end.
Another reason to pick up your pen.
In twenty thirteen, write where you've been.
Write what you've seen
And in two-oh-one four
Just write some more.

1 comment:

  1. This is like the anthem to my New Year's Resolution. Again and again and again I will pick up that pen. I love it. Love the rhythm, love the optimism, love the pragmatism. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete