Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Collaborative Sonnet

Note: I've indicated the changes in writer with the font changes below.

The crown of fire pulled her on
She grabbed her stick and moved
Her flame tiara was like a dawn
Shouting out that she was proved
That she was valued, honest, pure
And should no longer have to endure
The harshness of the world
She could remain a sweet and innocent girl
And sing and dance and skip and play
And awake sweetly for yet another beautiful day
"So hark, oh crown of fire, heed what I say!
A phoenix I am, not a lump of clay!"
Honest, pure and valient I shall be
With my passion make a tempest of the sea!"

1 comment:

  1. Sonnet, Nov 20:

    In a shower of a sunny day
    A bee alighted upon my arm
    I had to test the warmth of May
    And see if kind bees live at the farm
    I bent down close with a whisper
    Asked the bee of his need
    He said he longed for his sister
    It's her he wants to feed.
    Entangled in the family life of bees
    Surprised my sunny shower
    I laughed and tickled his knees
    He stretched with new found power
    "Brothers, sisters, and love for friend
    Life is about what we mend."

    ReplyDelete